RECENT BLOG POSTS
- Design Junction 2014 and TfL Collaboration
- Malika Favre, Zodiac Screenprints
- Kristjana S Williams – New Releases
- Affordable Art Fair Hampstead, Stand F3
- Art Car Boot Fair, Brick Lane, 8th June, 12 – 6pm
- Outline Artists at Pick Me Up 2014
- New Prints by Kristjana S Williams, Noma Bar and Hvass&Hannibal
- Affordable Art Fair, Battersea, 13th-16th March, stand H3
- Outline Editions at Clippings.com Pop-Up Shop
- “Bright Christmas” 10th – 22nd December, The Gallery, Stoke Newington N16
- Noma Bar – Cut The Conflict – Battersea Affordable Art Fair, March 13th-16th 2014
- Outline Artists showcase at Exposure Gallery W1- ‘Tvisker’ by Kristjana S Williams
- Outline Artists Launches at Design Junction
- Outline Editions TfL Prints By Kristjana S Williams and Noma Bar
- Outline Editions Pop Up Shop at Design Junction, Stand G12, September 18th-22nd
Outline Editions presents: Kristjana S Williams Anachroquarianism” – London Design Festival 2012: Kristjana S Williams Vs The Victorian Engravers.
16 July 2012
Opens Fri 14th – 22nd September – buy Kristjana S Williams Andy Audubon CMYK print exclusively from Outline Editions at Shapero Rare Books during Anachroquarianism– lots more amazing new exclusive prints by Kristjana S Williams available to buy at the exhibition, Designjunction (stand C2) and online from Outline Editions too from £85-£530
Kristjana S Williams
For this September’s London Design Festival, Outline Editions, in collaboration with Shapero Rare Books, will host a unique artistic experiment, in which acclaimed contemporary illustrator Kristjana S Williams will create a series of prints inspired by, and exhibited alongside, engravings by some of the giants of 19th century natural history illustration.
La Perruche Lori Papou
Kristjana S Williams is the fast-rising, Icelandic-born illustrator whose brilliant and daring Victorian engraving mash-ups have been on display at the V&A, Outline Editions and most recently at Somerset House as part of this year’s Pick Me Up.
Shapero Rare Books’ outstanding collection of natural history prints includes work from ornithological legends such as John Gould, Joseph Wolf, Jacques Barraband and Edward Lear.
Outline Editions director Camilla Parsons says: “There’s a real upsurge of interest in Victorian illustration at the moment – partly inspired by Kristjana’s work. This is a unique opportunity to juxtapose the old and new school in the amazing setting of Shapero’s Mayfair HQ”.
In addition to the exhibition, Kristjana will be hosting a free interactive workshop where visitors will have the opportunity to create their own multi layered illustrations & collages based on Antiquarian engravings.
Anachroquarianism runs from 14th – 22nd September 2012 at:
Shapero Rare Books
32 St. George Street, London, W1S 2EA
Tel: 020 8451 3400
Opening times: Mon – Fri 09.30 – 6.30 pm; Sats 11 – 5 pm. Free entry.
Kristjana S Williams prints will be available to buy during the exhibition and online at www.outline-editions.co.uk from £85-£530
Shapero’s antiquarian books and prints are available to buy from their shop or online at www.shapero.com. Books and engravings from £100 upwards.
Kristjana S Williams free illustration workshop:
Saturday 15th September 2 – 4pm. To reserve a free place please email email@example.com
The London Design Festival runs from 14th – 23rd September 2012. For more information visit Outline Editions website www.outline-editions.co.uk